Present: Richard Larson, Pastor Megan Preston, Willis Chase, Dan Cannon, Dave Martin, Chris Slinden.
Richard Larson called meeting to order at 7:00pm
Devotions: Willis Chase – Thoughts on being optimistic.
Motion to approve Agenda by Willis Chase, seconded by Dan Cannon, Motion carried!
- No Report, Janelle was Absent.
- Motion by Willis Chase and Seconded by Dan Cannon to amend October Minutes. Amendment changes coffee money donations to go thru December instead of October, motioned carried.
- Motion by Dan Cannon, seconded by Willis Chase to approve Minutes, motion carried.
- No Report at this time, Jeff was absent, but presented financials.
- Motion to approve Treasurer’s Report by Chris Slinden, seconded by Dan Cannon. Motion carried!
- Pastor Megan updated council on Meeker Area Ministries. Meeker Area Ministries is planning on a free will offering event at the Oprah House in Litchfield on Dec 2nd at 7:00p.m.
- Participated in Internship Supervisor meetings, lots of Phone ministering to the sick.
- Discussion to extend Church Co-op service donation for the months of December and January.
Will be moved to New Business.
Christian Education and Youth:
- Janelle was absent, no report.
Organizations and Activities:
- Jake was absent, no report. Council members discussed sign up sheets for Sunday morning coffee, and council’s advent dinner on December 1st.
Finance and Stewardship:
- Jeff was absent. Was reported that materials for SALT program were received, next step is to
form a committee.
Mission and Outreach:
- Mission Auction raised $2,847.00 and will be donated to ___________.
- Employees have received a current copy of job description for them to review. Waiting for updated information for approval or changes.
Worship, Music, & Arts:
- Eternal Flame candle insulation is complete and working on decommissioning for the old candle. Poinsettia’s have been ordered, same as last year, red, white, and ice punch – orders due 11/27. A thank you to Barb Larson for decorating planters. Purple paraments should be done by Ash Wend.
- Parsonage has ice dam issues, decided best fix would be to remove plywood from eves, and will use spinning vents. After re-shingling of roof, spinning vents were removed and replaced with ridge vent. It has been decided to add in spinning vents to help with venting. Furnace was inspected and was reported good. Need to pickup new kitchen refrigerator for church and remove old one. Currently receiving bids for snow removal. Split rail fence has been fixed by Dave Martin.
Other Committee’s: N/A
- Nothing new to report
- Waiting for sign installation. Will have to disconnect wires and move wire junction box to install sign. When everything is complete will have lighting reconnected.
True Compass Counseling:
- On 11/4/21 at 10:00 a.m. Dave Martin met with insurance agent in relative to True Compass Counseling. Council still needs to provide building key to True Compass Counseling.
- Setting up meeting with liaisons with each church to discuss pro’s and con’s.
- In Discussion, it was presented to continue Trinity’s contribution to the co-op service broadcast for December and January. This includes a $50 a month donation. Motion made by Chris Slinden and seconded by Dan Cannon seconded and motion was carried.
- Continued talks on the bad quality of our streaming process. Discussion’s will continue on making streaming better.
- Discussions on which people to evangelize to and in which way they would best receive the message. Decided to leave on new business to have further in depth talks and communication on this item.
- Annual meeting on January 23rd. Will need a report from each committee.
- Implement a “Comprehensive Plan” in case of emergency. File plan with fire, police, and sheriff departments.
- Weather related cancellations during the week will follow the school’s decision on closings and late starts. Sunday activities with be decided on the morning of.
President Richard Larson adjourned meeting at 8:38 p.m. Closed with Lord’s Prayer.
Chris Slinden, acting Secretary
Next meeting December 9th, 2021.
December Council Assistant: Jake Boonstra
**Minutes approved on December 9, 2021 - Regular Council Meeting**