Present: Pastor Megan Preston, Jeff Niedenthal, Willis Chase, Dan Cannon, Dave Martin, Jake Boonstra, Chris Slinden.
Dan Cannon called meeting to order at 7:10pm
Devotions: Chris Slinden – Read a devotion about transitioning from parenting out of fear to fearless parenting.
- No Report, Janelle was Absent. No minutes were presented, so no approval on minutes for December.
- Received a total of $30,800 in prepaid 2022 pledges. These will show up as January 2022 revenue.
- Miscellaneous revenue in December
- $871.28 reimbursement from First Lutheran Cemetery Association for water used for new trees over the summer
- $50.68 from Post Office for unused bulk mail permit
- Paid $357.02 to Litchfield Builder Center for Parsonage repairs
- Paid $520 to Jory Behrends for last winter’s snow plowing at Parsonage (late bill submittal)
- Re-issued a lost (April) paycheck to Pastor Megan
- Awaiting reimbursement from ACGC Ministries for Project Backpacks costs ($1185). Congregation monetary donations to the backpack program are sent to ACGC Ministries to support the overall program. In turn, ACGC Ministries reimburses us fully for the food cost.
- We had budgeted $16,500 in Synod benevolence contributions. We sent in $14,358: $1000/month plus proceeds from the Mission Auction ($2,358)
- Motion to approve Treasurer’s Report by Chris Slinden, seconded by Jake Boonstra. Motion carried!
- Dave Martin motion to submit a onetime payment to Financial Secretary and Choir Director for their annualized 4% raise (VS receiving raise per paycheck basis). Motion was seconded by Willis Chase, following Discussion motion was carried by 5 yes and 1 no.
- Pastor Megan enjoyed some much-needed time off.
- Very busy fielding calls dealing with sickness and deaths.
- Pastor Megan will be absent January 25-31st.
Christian Education and Youth:
- Janelle was absent no report.
- Jeff tells council that Adult Education is going well.
Organizations and Activities:
- Coffee and Fellowship is going well. Lots of volunteers on the signup sheet.
- Wednesday Lent meals will be discussed in New Business.
Finance and Stewardship:
- SALT program – discussions on starting date. Deciding the target goal from where we are to where we want to be.
Mission and Outreach:
- Nothing to report this month.
- Motion by Jeff Niedenthal and second by Dan Cannon to approve Financial Secretary’s Job Description. Motion was carried.
- Motion by Dave Martin and seconded by Jeff Niedenthal to approve Choir Director’s Job Description. Motion was carried.
- Custodial Staff and Parish Secretary are being reviewed.
Worship, Music, & Arts:
- Christmas decorations were removed, and building new Christmas tree stands
- Memorial organization interested in old eternal flame or will look to donate it to another church.
- Coop worship services will end on January 31, 2022
- Have received Purple Paraments.
- New roof vents are helping the ice dam issues at Parsonage.
- Snow removal. Received 5 bids, narrowed to 2 bids. Jory Behrend’s bid was $45/hr and Dan Cannon’s bid was $65 per time (estimated to take 1.5 hours per time). Motion was made by Dave Martin and seconded by Jeff Niedenthal to accept Dan Cannon’s snow removal bid. Motion carried.
Other Committee’s: N/A
- Will be working on the shortly.
- Meeting in January to discuss the future. Last coop worship service will be held January 31st, 2022.
- Form a committee
- Moved to February 6th. Will be hosting a potluck lunch in conjunction with annual meeting
- Audit committee will have report on January 15th, 2022.
- Dave Martin provided schematics of the Church. Schematics supplied with all exits, fire extinguishers, exit signs, defibrillator locations, and fire alarm activators.
- Outgoing council members need to notify Nomination Committee of future plans.
- Council will host 1st Wednesday
- Worship Committee discussed ways to add members to congregation. Worship committee will use Wednesday Lent services to have an open discussion for congregants to offer insight on current and future of Trinity Lutheran Church.
- Easter Breakfast will be at 8:30 a.m. followed by 10:00 a.m. service.
Motion by Jeff Niedenthal and seconded by Jake Boonstra to adjourned meeting at 8:35 p.m. motion carried.
Closed with Lord’s Prayer.
Chris Slinden, acting Secretary
Next meeting February 10th, 2022.
May Council Assistant: Dan Cannon
**Minutes approved on February 10, 2022 - Regular Council Meeting**